Friday, May 11, 2007

What Does it Mean to Give? by Erika Sales, GP Supporter-Volunteer

I am involved with various people from different non-profits, with different causes and we assist them on fund raising or how to teach others "The Joy of Giving." When you do this practically everyday as part of your profession, you see and feel that people do not give to causes but to people who live for causes.

And that's why I Continue to Give to Greenpeace.

When I was invited to join the 4th Annual Trail Run in Baguio as volunteer, I called up Abi Jabines immediately and said yes to this opportunity. It was the perfect time to immerse myself with Greenpeace (GP) -- to give not just my PhP150 every month through my account, but to actually give my time, talent and trust to the organization.

This will never be possible without my friends who are committed to this cause.

I saw them in action in Baguio and was impressed. From their looks of persistence (considering they were tired and hungry) as they were setting up their exhibit and their level of enthusiasm as they talk to walking strangers. Their Direct Dialogue Campaign in SM Baguio was embraced by locals, gathering 33 sign-ups, exceeding their target of 20 sign-ups that day.

Yup, Greenpeace's greatest assets are its People.


I am more than proud that I am one of its Supporter-Volunteer.

No comments:

Simple lang, pledge for the planet!